At Inglefield we follow our own C4L programme based on Health and Wellbeing, Relationships, Living in the Wider World, and Young Enterprise. Whilst we have a timetabled PSHE session each week, we consider Confidence4Life to be embedded across all of our learning experiences – both in and out of the classroom. Where appropriate we invite guest speakers to address the whole year group, and run practical workshops.
In Year 3, we value individuality and our weekly Confidence 4 Life sessions enable us to discuss and share ideas relating to our relationships with others, how we feel about ourselves, how to resolve conflict, and other issues that we may face in life. Stories with morals are often used as a starting point for discussion. An important aspect of PSHE is the development of ‘circle time’ enabling pupils to share their thoughts (if they wish to), in a safe and secure environment.
Topics in Year 3
- Rules in Our Class Community
- Self Esteem
- Conflict and Forgiveness
- Anti-bullying – where to go for help
- What is safety? Rules for keeping safe
- Road safety
- Online safety
Going for Goals
- Expressing an opinion
- Making decisions
- Ambition and motivation
- Good health and lifestyle
- Making choices
- How can we prepare for our future?
- All about money
- What is debt?
- Being enterprising
- How can we make a difference?
- Rules: Our community and our World
- Our responsibility in the world
- What action can we take?
- Where to go for help
In their weekly Confidence 4 Life (PSHE sessions) girls have the opportunity to discuss issues that have arisen throughout the week, either inside school or out in the wider world. Further to this opportunity for open and supportive discussion, the girls will follow a programme designed to develop their self-confidence and the qualities of friendship as well as other issues. The session provides a forum for girls to develop their thinking on social issues, to hone their listening skills and to consider their own actions and behaviour, as well as that of others. The girls often find their C4L sessions a calming and rewarding highlight of the week.
Each week the girls take part in a Confidence for Life session whereby they can discuss and learn about areas of the Personal, health and social education. They cover a different topic each term and we make strong links with their personal experiences whilst developing confidence and positivity.
Relationships – with self and others
- Self esteem
- Self confidence
E-safety and anti-bullying, diversity
- What is bullying? (definition and different forms)
- How can it affect us/others?
- How can we deal with bullying?
- How can we stay safe on-line?
Going for Goals
- What are goals? Why are they useful?
- What are my strengths?
- What type of learner am I?
- What do I want to achieve?
- How am I going to do it?
- What makes us healthy?
- What makes us unhealthy?
- What is nutrition?
- What is a healthy balanced diet?
- What are the different food groups and how do they affect our health?
- What is an active lifestyle?
- What affect does exercise have on our bodies?
- Healthy relationships and sex.
- How can I contribute in my life?
- Making a difference
- Helping others
- Looking after our world.
- Roles and responsibilities
- Job skills
What is C4L? Rules in our Community, Sense of Identity, Online Relationships, Healthy Friendships, Respect, Coping with Conflict, Forgiveness, Peer Pressure, Anti Bullying, Alcohol Drugs and Smoking, Current Affairs, Personal Organisation, Target Setting
Loss and Bereavement, Sex Education and Relationships, First Aid, Fire Safety, Careers Guidance, Revision Skills, Ambition, Taking Risks, Current Affairs, Personal Organisation, Target Setting
Bike Road Safety, Citizenship, Our World, Life Skills – budgeting and finance, Time management, Rules and the Law, Your Future, Current Affairs, Personal Organisation, Target Setting